Who We Are
- To minimize the number of injuries and deaths by educating cyclists about safe gear, safe riding, and overall road safety.
- To promote a better shared experience for all users through awareness of traffic laws and rules of the road.
- To strengthen community and family ties through cycling-related programs and events.
- Ongoing bicycle safety programs for adults and children
- Television programs on bicycle safety education
- Annual bicycle skills rodeo for children
- Bicycle riding program for senior citizens
Total Volunteer Hours
In The News
Happy New Year, friends!
NW Bicycle Safety Council welcomes 2017 and looks forward to the opportunities that will present themselves in this new year.
Volunteers are already working to schedule bike safety fairs, order helmets, permit our annual event bicycle ride (Beaverton Banks and Beyond Bicycle Tour), and develop our monthly television show, Cycology Today. In other words, we are trying to maintain the status quo.
A change in our executive board finds Bruce Buffington assuming many of the same roles he has in the past but no longer serving as President of NWBSC. I have taken that role now and look forward to serving in this new capacity. My intention is to continue to pursue Bruce’s vision for this organization. We look forward to working with you or assisting you in this coming year.
Please ride safely and wear a helmet.
President, NW Bicycle Safety Council